Corona Mill, are they worth the hassle?

Foster82

Trial Member
Reaction score
Simple question, is a Corona Mill worth while for 30 bucks?

As long as it does not produce watery tasteless beer

I suppose it depends on what you intend to use it for. I am an extract brewer with specialty grains so it works great for me as I usually only have 2-4 lbs of grain to crush. If you were an AG brewer, I could see it being on the annoying side as the hopper maxes out at just over 2 lbs. But I have also seen mods on the internet to make it more automated. IMO, for the price, it's a pretty good mill.

CHEERS!

If you are going to the trouble to make yeast slips won't you kick yourself in the butt for buying a mill that you can't set your grist size exactly? Keep an eye on Craigs list and Ebay you might get a grain mill at a discount. I was hesitant of spending that much for a crusher but once purchased was more than happy with the results. Mine's a Barley Crusher that was about $130 with shipping new. I haven't even used the manual handle for it since the first batch just to try it. An old electric drill from a yard sale for a couple of bucks works awesome.

I sold my corona mill. It was my first mill when I was doing extract with steeping grains. Not the most consistent grind, time consuming, and the bits of grain fly everywhere..

Get a mill with a good hopper and you'll be setup for all grain and a lot happier in the long run.

Back