Convert to Snapshot

I'm not sure what you're asking- the recipe is the 'snapshot', and the brew session is a log of what happened during that brew day. What is it that you'd like the brew session to show?

I'm not sure what you're asking- the recipe is the 'snapshot', and the brew session is a log of what happened during that brew day. What is it that you'd like the brew session to show?

I normally create a snapshot when I brew. It was my understanding that if you created a snapshot, then you could alter the recipe for just that brew session without altering the original.

So in this case, I created a brew, and altered the recipe, but I still want the original so as I do more batches I can see what I changed with each batch. If I could change it to a snapshot, then I could go restore the original recipe.

Is that not the right use case for "snapshots"? Am I misunderstanding them?

a snapshot is a recipe tied to a particular brew session, so really one goes with the other, the FAQ page has a rather loose meaning so you should not change the snapshot or the brew session create a new one off of that, I guess it would be better to have text on the brew session page stating it's tied to this snapshot?

I guess my question should have been, can I add a snapshot of the recipe to an existing brew session after the brew session is created? That would allow me to go edit the original recipe without affecting the recipe for this brew session. And it looks like the answer is no, I can only create a snapshot when creating the brew session. Correct?

correct, and on that note it was created by the original developer which is not here anymore and I believe not much is known about it yet, I could be wrong

Back