Colorado bound

jmcnamara

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
All righty, only about 3 weeks til the GABF, SUPER EXCITED!?!?!?!o_O

We're planning on visiting the coors facility, among other things...:confused:

any other must see things around the Denver area? Nosy, I'm looking at you

half my family lives there but I have yet to venture that far north , Im jello's :D
I'm a county boy and don't like winter, and as a matter of fact just pulled in a mess of fish for a fish fry soon from my fishing lake

Where to start? Casa Bonita is a must-see (NOT!!!!). If you have some time to get out and about, Rocky Mountain National Park is a winner. I'd recommend two breweries in Summit County if you want to get up into the high country for a drinking tour: The Dillon Dam Brewery and the Bakery Brewery, both have excellent brews! It should still be aspen season down low and south of Denver. If time is a problem, Boulder is always a good side trip and the hills above the town should be golden. Breweries: The Dry Dock in Aurora is one of the most decorated small breweries around. Bill Eye, former brewer of the Dry Dock, has opened his own place called Bierstadt (also a mountain but that's another story). And if you get the chance, we can do a bottle exchange, just send me a way to get in contact with you off line.

much obliged!
We won't have a car, so I don't think we can make it to most of the places you mentioned unfortunately. We'll be staying on Mariposa St.
Factotum Brewhouse and Diebolt Brewing Company are within walking distance, any thoughts on those?

i'd love to do a bottle exchange (though i think yours will blow mine out of the water). I think I can put some beer bottles in my checked luggage from what i've read, but I want to do a little more research so I don't end up with empty bottles (from an overzealous TSA agent) when i get to Denver

and i did see casa bonita waaaayyyy back when in high school. i think once is enough

You can put the bottles in checked bags. I've even imported from Germany a time or two and there's no customs domestically. Only constraint is on weight and that depends on the airline. I'm trying to think where Mariposa street is - I know of one in Conifer....

right on! then i will definitely subject you to my (hopefully above average) swill. I should have a pale ale, my first saison, and a brown ale by then

it looks like it's about 3/4 of a mile north or so of the coors field. sort of between highland and sunnyside, but to the east a bit.

also, im not quite sure how to send you a direct message on here. thought to post to your profile page thing, but that looked like it was public

go to conversations then add the user name and start your message...down arrow next to the bell

Upslope makes some outstanding beer.... and you REALLY need to find some Crooked Stave, all of their brews are amazing!

Back