Carbonisation with Mangrove Jack M41

Zambi

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I can hopefully bottle my beer in a day or 10 and was wondering about the amount of sugar to use.
I've used something like 8-9 gram/litre in my previous batch, but that was with a different yeast (Fermentis S-33)
This one seems to really like sugars and seems to be able to ferment anything.
Should I adjust the sugar amount, based on the above?
Or just stick with the same?

I can hopefully bottle my beer in a day or 10 and was wondering about the amount of sugar to use.
I've used something like 8-9 gram/litre in my previous batch, but that was with a different yeast (Fermentis S-33)
I used to use around 7. As long as primary fermentation Is stable with hydro readings then use same as per other yeast strains.

The strain of yeast doesn't make a whole lot of difference when it comes to carbonation. Think about it this way: The yeast has already consumed everything it can consume by the time you bottle, so even if it's the most aggressive yeast ever used, it can eat dextrines and lactose and even has a go at the glass of the bottles, it's already consumed everything it can. So only the sugar you add can contribute to carbonation (unless you have something else in there, that can consume things the yeast can't under very hostile conditions).

Thanks!
It's clear :)

Back