Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Carbonation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RIBrewer

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I would ask if somebody can help me with advice on how to make a forced addition of co2 to beer. After completion of the primary fermentation the beer is filled into bottles. So far I have done carbonization so I added dextrose. Is possible to make forced carbonization in bottles?

Thank's

I'm assuming the beer didn't carbonate in the bottle? If that's the case, then the answer is no. I help out a guy one time who made a RIS that never carbonated, I open each bottle and poured it into a keg that had been flushed with cO2. I then forced carbonated it and bottled it for him. It turned out pretty well.

I know of no method where a beer can be force carbonated in a bottle. If you got a beer that didn't carb up for whatever reason, you could try the keg method if you know someone with a kegging system. Other than that, it may be possible to find a way to reintroduce yeast into the bottles. That seems a little tricky.

Force carbonation in glass bottle would be risky from a safety standpoint. However, there is a forced carbonation cap that you can buy that works with 2-liter soda bottles. These will safely hold a higher pressure than the glass bottles.

Back