Carbonating in a keg?

Conservidave

Trial Member
Reaction score
For my next brew i am planning on priming and carbonating in a keg and using a bronco style pump for delivery.

My question is, would i use the same calculated volume of priming sugar as for a bottled batch or something else? The beer will be served at a wedding reception so if all goes well the keg should be empty by days end.

Unfortunately i'm not at a point where i can afford all the parts and pieces to go with a full on C02 system so any thoughts or advise to help avoid a mistake would sure help.

Dave

I've primed a few times in my kegs, I used the same amount of DME for priming, the results were usually fine, sometimes it came in a little under carbonated.

It should work fine. Just don't cold crash before adding the priming sugar. You also should make sure the reception venue can serve from home brew kegs.

bilhelm96 said:
It should work fine. Just don't cold crash before adding the priming sugar. You also should make sure the reception venue can serve from home brew kegs.

OK, i was a little concerned that i would be a little under carbed so i might bump up the corn suger a bit. The beer is a light Cream ale that would probably benefit from a little extra fizz. The other point is a good one, the reception will be in an area rented from the county fair grounds so we will definately have to check on that! Thanks!

Back