Caramelized / baked pumpkin - efficiency (%) original gravity

rakader

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello together,

for the correct calculation of the original wort in a pumpkin ale I need the proportion of pumpkin in the original wort. Does anybody know this value - I can't find anything about it in German or English pages.

Considerations: Pumpkin has a raw water content of 90%. Therefore its efficiency is 10%.What is the water content of a pumpkin that is baked an caramelized in the oven at 180°C (356°F) for 1 hour?
What is the water content of a pumpkin that is baked in the oven at 180°C (356°F) for 1 hour and caramelized?
For comparison: Base malt is calculated with 100%, Candy Syrup or Brewers Invert with 75%.

There must be comparison tables. Pumpkin beer was born out of necessity, in order to have a substitute for malt, which was rare at the time of the founders...

Many greetings from Germany about the pond. Thanks in advance Stay healthy!

Ralph

Edit: basic grain contains 100% fermentable sugar. How much contains baked pumpkin?

Last edited:
Hello together,

for the correct calculation of the original wort in a pumpkin ale I need the proportion of pumpkin in the original wort. Does anybody know this value - I can't find anything about it in German or English pages.

Considerations: Pumpkin has a raw water content of 90%. Therefore its efficiency is 10%.What is the water content of a pumpkin that is baked an caramelized in the oven at 180°C (356°F) for 1 hour?
What is the water content of a pumpkin that is baked in the oven at 180°C (356°F) for 1 hour and caramelized?
For comparison: Base malt is calculated with 100%, Candy Syrup or Brewers Invert with 75%.

There must be comparison tables. Pumpkin beer was born out of necessity, in order to have a substitute for malt, which was rare at the time of the founders...

Many greetings from Germany about the pond. Thanks in advance Stay healthy!

Ralph

Edit: basic grain contains 100% fermentable sugar. How much contains baked pumpkin?
Above and BEYOND me man!
I'm sure some brewers on here have brewed with pumpkin will chime in.
I'm guessing your after PPG of Pumpkin I'm sure this is a variable I'd er on the low side.

Back