Burton Bridge Porter Stuck?

MartinL

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Fairly new to brewing, this is my 3rd brew and looking for some advice please to see if my current brew it is stuck or if it is ok.
I'm brewing a Burton Bridge porter single can kit and i used 500g dark DME, 500g extra dark DME + 200g brewing sugar. SG was 1.048 on 18/03/2016. I boiled the water/cooled overnight and used half a campden tablet as well. Temp is controlled using a heat band + temp sensor and measurements seem to indicate a temp of around 20-21 throughout.
I took a reading on 27/03/2016 which was 1.018 which seemed good to me after 9 days in the FV but as the instructions suggest a FG reading of 1.008, I left it a few more days.
I took another reading on 03/04/2016 which was 1.016, and then another reading today, 09/04/2016 which was 1.015.
I'm beginning to think that either something has happened to stop the process or this is about as low as it will get based on what I have done.

Can anyone offer any thoughts please? does this seem ok? Should I rack now, or should i give it some more time/try something else?

I did taste a tiny bit today and it seems to be ok taste wise with no noticeable off flavours.

Thank you...

Yea seems not to bad to me 6 points off predicted FG but i would expect ot to Finnish higher round 1.012 depending upon yeast average attenuation of course.

My only tip in my opinion to get it down that bit more is to up the temp to 20c rouse the yeast by giving the fermentor a gentle swirl for a bit and then check gravity 24 hours from there if still 1.015 I recon then she's good to package.

all I can say is don't start out by brewing advanced beers lol with that said all kinds of things can cause a beer to stall, like above swirl it and see if it starts back but don't shake since you opened it up, usually porters will end up around 15 not 8, what yeast did you use?

Reactions: J A

Back