Build wine room

kingpanel

Trial Member
Reaction score
I like alcohol, my family has a lot of wine. So I am going to build a room to save the beer, the room building materials have any special requirements? such as composite panels or something like that.

I like alcohol, my family has a lot of wine. So I am going to build a room to save the beer, the room building materials have any special requirements? such as composite panels or something like that.
All I can say if your a good friend I suppose you've got dibs on his wine stash :p!

Not really. If you can cellar wine in it, you can cellar beer. I'd go with something easy to clean in case there's some kind of accident but that's about the only requirement I can think of. I store mine in an unfinished walk-out basement. Just remember to store the beer bottles upright - crown caps can corrode if constantly exposed to the beer.

crown caps can corrode if constantly exposed to the beer.
Doesnt the liner inside the cap keep the beer off of the metal? Or is the liner just a ring? I'll have to look and see how my caps are set up.

Doesnt the liner inside the cap keep the beer off of the metal? Or is the liner just a ring? I'll have to look and see how my caps are set up.
Yes, but it doesn't always work. The liner can have a tear and the bottles will still seal. With wine, you want to keep the cork moist, that's why you store it on its side. If you use composite corks, you don't have to store wine lying down, either.

look to the right a space saving wall of wine

Attachments

• IMG_2666_3.jpg
    IMG_2666_3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 108

Back