Bug Report - Scrolling wonky

imnotawino

Trial Member
Reaction score
Win7/FF
If your mouse is outside the centered content area while scrolling with the mouse wheel, very little motion happens. When you move the mouse inside the white content area, scrolling works fine.

Problem: there is a scrollbar to the right.
Try removing the inline style on the html tag "overflow: auto;" as well as this line in the head
<style type="text/css">html, body {overflow:auto !important; }</style>
and the scrolling is restored to normal.

Win7/FF
If your mouse is outside the centered content area while scrolling with the mouse wheel, very little motion happens. When you move the mouse inside the white content area, scrolling works fine.

Problem: there is a scrollbar to the right.
Try removing the inline style on the html tag "overflow: auto;" as well as this line in the head
<style type="text/css">html, body {overflow:auto !important; }</style>
and the scrolling is restored to normal.
Sorry you're experiencing scrolling issues, and thanks for posting!

In order to get this resolved, would you be able to specify the page and window you're experiencing this issue? If it's referring to the windows like adding ingredients to inventory, or brew log entries, this was intentional. But we're always open to supporting our users and proving a smooth user experience.

Oh, sorry, I'd assumed it was sitewide, but it's not happening here on the forums page.

Here's an example link:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/107318/anchor-steam-clone

And I'll try to post a screenshot.
bf_screenie.png

Oh, sorry, I'd assumed it was sitewide, but it's not happening here on the forums page.

Here's an example link:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/107318/anchor-steam-clone

And I'll try to post a screenshot.View attachment 9993
Thanks for the clarification, unfortunately I don't see that issue on my end. I'm using w10, tested on w10 FF, and chrome, and an older mac laptop on safari and chrome. It might be an issue in your browser settings? Is everything up to date?

OK, looks like the issue is resolved using the code changes I recommended. [pats self on back]

Like a zombie from the crypt....it's baaaaack! It looks like your fomantic css is causing the problem with the overflow:auto in the body. I'm guessing you can't modify this, so to fix, simply remove the inline style="overflow: auto" from the body and html tags. You shouldn't be doing css inline anyway. ;-) cheers.

Same as before.... Win7/Firefox 76. Screenshot would be the same -- note the 2 scrollbars.

Back