Bug in Fermentation Chart Display

LDaniels

Premium Member
Reaction score
The fermentation chart seems to be using the brew log entry added or modification date instead of the date that the entry specification of the date the measurement was made. The result is that if I go back and fill in a measurement that has a measurement date prior to other measurements already logged, the chart displays as if time is moving in reverse. My Batch #19011301 of my Yeti Clone brewed on 1/13/19 exhibits this problem.

Thank you for a great brewing software system!!

I'll put in a ticket right away. I don't have that set up in my brew sessions, so if it's not too much trouble can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? It will help explain the ticket, and help us track down this issue. Thank you so much for your input!

The following images show the problem. The bottom image shows the actual brew log with measurement dates of Jan 13, Jan 18th and Jan 28th. The first image shows the same 3 entries with the dat that they were first entered into the brew log, not the measurment date entered into the log entry. The date range at the top of the first and second images is incorrect as well. The middle image is the chart that is the result of the dates being incorrect in the first image.

A side note is that the first image view is labeled Edit, and I have seen cases in the past where I could edit these entries from this view, the Edit buttons are no longer available in the view.

Another side note is that it would be nice to be able to optionally append hh:mm time to the current yyyy/mm/dd date being entered in a log entry. Either 00:00 or the current time could be assumed if the time is not specified by the user. I do occasionally backfill log entries and it would be nice to not have those entries restricted to the resolution of a day.

Image 1-30-19 at 10.44 AM.jpg
Image 1-30-19 at 10.46 AM.jpg
Image 1-30-19 at 10.48 AM.jpg

Noticed that on one of mine. I created it by entering something on the brew log tab. As it doesn't have times it set the time at midnight of the day chosen. So the graph jumped around because the value was for late in the day, rather than the midnight that was used.

@LDaniels We have fixed this issue. When you get a chance, can you take a look at your charts and make sure it's perfect now? We'd appreciate it!

@LDaniels We have fixed this issue. When you get a chance, can you take a look at your charts and make sure it's perfect now? We'd appreciate it!
Upon further looking, it appears that the same bad chart displays are still bad on Recipe View when the Show Fermentation Chart option is enabled in Profile/General Settings. I had only been looking at current brew logs and did not know chart were even displayed in the recipe until now. I think I might have flipped that option on in my profile while trying to diagnose the brew log chart issue.

Upon further looking, it appears that the same bad chart displays are still bad on Recipe View when the Show Fermentation Chart option is enabled in Profile/General Settings. I had only been looking at current brew logs and did not know chart were even displayed in the recipe until now. I think I might have flipped that option on in my profile while trying to diagnose the brew log chart issue.

I'm following up on this to make sure it's 100% solved for you now. When you get a chance, can you look and see if the recipe view charts are fixed? It looks good to me, but I wanted to ensure it's fully fixed. Thanks!

This all looks good now.

Is the ability to allow the entry of time in addition to the date for a log entry on the enhancement list?

Thanks for your great support!!

This all looks good now.

Is the ability to allow the entry of time in addition to the date for a log entry on the enhancement list?

Thanks for your great support!!

Yes- we're adding it very shortly in fact, once it is finished testing (this weekend); hoping to release it very soon.

This is still broken, unfortunately. See the example pics I have attached. Even though every log entry has a correct timestamp, the graph ignores the time on any log entry late in the day and assumes 12am instead - the start of the date the entry is for. Perhaps this is a problem in converting between local time and UTC? (I am in EST, or UTC -5, which would make anything after 7pm incorrect for me... which appears to be the case so far.)

graph.png

log.png

Last edited:

Back