Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Gday Fellow Hombrewers the 2020 brulosophy Hombrew Survey is In!
http://brulosophy.com/2020/07/16/2020-general-homebrewer-survey-results/

Thought I'd start a thread discussion on this survey for us to post thoughts on past and present hombrew trends.

I don't know about you but I love me some stats albeit I'm crap at maths but still I think it's super interesting getting the low down on this addictive hobby and seeing where I slot in with the current trends.

Middle aged married owns ones home bank owns me earns crap all could always earn more drinks one or more tastings (their always samples) a day. Electric Biab brewer ect ECT.

Couple of things I found interesting 1% Female hombrewers! I don't know how many people took the survey but rekon we can't get enough of the female side of the demographic getting in on the HB scene. From times working on a boat stuck out at sea for weeks at a time I'm glad I wasn't stuck with just a bunch of blokes the whole time! The lady folk i find help us men to lighten up a little you know break through the testosterone machoism that tends to occurs sometimes when a bunch of me a put together work long hours with no beers in sight.

18% get their online brew info from this site bloody hell were good :p I can attest to helping lead a few hombrewers astray down the rabbit hole of brewing whilst being apart of this here forum;).
Keep em comming...

Oh and 11% use the BF water calcs I'm not sure if that's up on previous years something the forum Mods would be interested in I bet.

Look forward to hearing what you've got to say on this year's Survey.
Cheers!

One interesting statistic that I saw is that 19% of the home brewers are engineers while only 0.5% of the US population are engineers.
:) true yes I saw that I just though oh that must reflect the 100k+ salary bracket!
I see all in one electric brew system are on the spike.

Yeah you gotta get in quick I did flick a link up on the forums here when I saw the survey on.

One thing on the survey I'm not sure where Australia fits In most likely Oceana or AMEA?
Not sure on the lattero_O

Probably Oceana, but depends who you ask.

Australia is pretty close to Asia
We term it APAC AsiaPac after all.

The names seem pretty half assed and random though.

Maybe they just didn’t think of Australia at all. There’s not a whole lot of you there. The whole middle of the country is open.

Maybe they just didn’t think of Australia at all. There’s not a whole lot of you there. The whole middle of the country is open.
Yes we may not be many but by gingo we sure make our Mark apon the world.

Yes indeed just group us in down there...
middle of Aus is "open" it's bloody inhospitable most of us live on the coastal fringes.

Plenty of homebrewers and beer drinkers down under. You're well represented.

I can't see Oceania not including us and having the numbers it does. The rest of the countries in Oceania add up to about the same population as Aus. I've only seen us grouped in AMEA if there's no Oceania or it's the world cup qualifiers.

I can't see Oceania not including us and having the numbers it does. The rest of the countries in Oceania add up to about the same population as Aus. I've only seen us grouped in AMEA if there's no Oceania or it's the world cup qualifiers.
thanks for clearing that up Mark.
Well gee there's a lot of hombrewers in the US or A then!
I suppose doing the rounds round South East QLD there are a few hombrewers who are as invested in brewing as I am but I'm seeing a definitive upward trend these last few years. I just look how better the HB shops are stocked. Buying grains round sunny coast was rare as hens teeth.
I remember looking at recipies with grains in them wondering ok how and where do I get them.

There's never been a better time in history to be a hombrewers.

Plenty of homebrewers and beer drinkers down under. You're well represented.
We're up there amongst some of the biggest beer consumers per capita in the world.
I remember living up in Darwin NT I remember them say if it was a country they'd be number 3 in the world:eek: something to be proud of I don't know:D.

Yes we may not be many but by gingo we sure make our Mark apon the world.

Yes indeed just group us in down there...
middle of Aus is "open" it's bloody inhospitable most of us live on the coastal fringes.
Ben, Australia and Texas have similar populations. And, to most people, Texas is a pretty wide open place without much there. I thought this map rendition gives a pretty good perspective of just how wide open Australia is.
TX-AUS.JPG

We're up there amongst some of the biggest beer consumers per capita in the world.
I remember living up in Darwin NT I remember them say if it was a country they'd be number 3 in the world:eek: something to be proud of I don't know:D.
Ha!! If I lived in a place where everything is poisonous and trying to kill me....I'd drink a lot too! All we have are a few bears, 1 or 2 spiders, and rattlesnakes....and you really really want to avoid the Canada Goose....mean bastards especially during mating season.

Back