Brewing Music...

What do you listen to when you brew(or do you)?

Depends on the beer for me, IPA today, so I'm rolling with "The Back In The Day Replay" with DTJB...this week in 1995....
I listened to Rush when I brewed my California Common. I pitched WY 2112 so it only felt right :D
I have plans to revisit that recipe, maybe experiment with cutting the late boil additions and dry hopping or whirlpool so there may be more Rush fueled brew days in my future

My List is (because it is all on 1 CD of MP3 files)

The_Beatles_-_Sgt_Peppers_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band-1967-
The_Beatles_-_The_Beatles_White_Album-2CD-1968-
The_Rolling_Stones_-_Exile_on_Main_St-1972-
The_Who_-_Whos_Next-1971-
Joni_Mitchell_-_Blue-1971-
U2_-_The_Joshua_Tree-1987-
Fleetwood_Mac_-_Rumors-1977-
The_Sex_Pistols_-_Nevermind_The_Bollocks-1977-

Homebrew Happy Hour podcast, or Critical Role podcast (a long running Dungeons & Dragons campaign). Sometimes I'll put on Pandora, which will be a mix of alternative, classic rock, folk/bluegrass, pretty much anything! Tom Petty is a classic go-to, as is The Strokes, Snow Patrol, James Taylor, The Lumineers.

I do have some audiobook recommendations if anyone is looking; 1st is The Brewer's Tale by William Bostwick, and the 2nd (which I haven't finished yet) is The Audacity of Hops by Tom Acitelli. Both are available on Audible and both are highly informative about the craft brewing industry and beer in general:)

I listened to Rush when I brewed my California Common. I pitched WY 2112 so it only felt right :D
I have plans to revisit that recipe, maybe experiment with cutting the late boil additions and dry hopping or whirlpool so there may be more Rush fueled brew days in my future
You're practically Canadian!
Just throw in so Neil Young and Tragically Hip, and I will get you a SIN number. If you play any Nickelback however, you will be deported unceremoniously!

You're practically Canadian!
Just throw in so Neil Young and Tragically Hip, and I will get you a SIN number. If you play any Nickelback however, you will be deported unceremoniously!
You guys should just annex all of WNY. We love hockey, we drink Labbatt, I'm not big into the Hip but a lot of people are. We'd fit right in.

Man I don't listen to music whilst brewing I'm odd :).
I'm doing other stuff round the yard usually.
It doesn't even enter my mind oh I should get some tunes on while I'm out here:rolleyes:.

If I were to listen to podcast it'd be conversations with Richard Fidler.
Or brulosophy.
Music it's Busby Marou - Jack Johnson - Paul Kelly - Sticky Fingers Ray Lamontain ect ect
Or Queen Lately

Back