Brewer's profile and Forum Profile

Sunfire96

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to link a Brewer's Profile to someone's forum profile? If I want to look at @Josh Hughes' british recipes or @Megary's stout recipes I have no way to find their brewer's profile. I used to be able to search for someone's user name in the "site wide search" but as it's been mentioned before, the site search is about as effective as throwing a dart at the site map.

What is the point of the forum profile anyway? Could it be eliminated and when someone's name is clicked it links to their brewer profile? I'd much rather see someone's recipes and most brewed beers than where they live.

Short answer is "no".
I'm no developer, but our forum is an entirely different database and software from what I understand. We're hoping it can happen, but it seems to not be an easy thing to do because of that.

Short answer is "no".
I'm no developer, but our forum is an entirely different database and software from what I understand. We're hoping it can happen, but it seems to not be an easy thing to do because of that.
Okay, thanks for the response. How about a way to search for Brewer's profiles? Or an alphabetical list

I'm sure we can think of a solution but definitely need some way to have users "opt in" for privacy rules etc.

What you can do at the moment is use a google search for "site:brewersfriend.com/homebrew/brewer_user_Name_here"

such as
site:brewersfriend.com/homebrew/brewer sunfire96

As long as the forum username is the same as the brewer profile account name, this should work.

I'm sure we can think of a solution but definitely need some way to have users "opt in" for privacy rules etc.

What you can do at the moment is use a google search for "site:brewersfriend.com/homebrew/brewer_user_Name_here"

such as

As long as the forum username is the same as the brewer profile account name, this should work.
that does work

such as

Thanks @Pricelessbrewing! It's a workaround but it works! :)

Back