Brewer's Friend for Micro Brewery?

DanOnFire

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to find out if anyone is using Brewer's Friend for Pro brewing? I didn't find out how awesome this site was until this last April. Upon toying around with the calculators and recipe builders I found the scaling feature which will make my life easier. Right now I am on the verge of opening up a Micro Brewery with a partner. Until now as a homebrewer I have never used any software for my brewing. I have always just jotted everything down and tried to do most of the math on paper. I am in the market for some software and I am curious if any of you know someone or use Brewer's Friend on a Pro level?

awesome! sounds like i'm about the same place as you are for the brewery

while i know that beer recipes are scalable, i think i remember reading on a FAQ or something here that the calculator doesn't really take into account the massive size of a brewery operation compared to the homebrew level. I mean, i know people make big batches, but who's brewing a barrel on a consistent basis just for homebrew?

that being said, i've read a few posts from someone here who seems to use it at that level, but not sure of his batch size.

fwiw, i recently found out about ekos brewmaster, which seems to be a good back of the house, inventory and production management software. you can plug in recipes, but I think it's just related to updating your inventory rather than a recipe builder and calculator. the one brewery i know that uses it seemed to like it well enough

Back