Brew Steps - Sparge salts & pH

Grey Cat Brewing

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello BF!

I typically batch sparge and the last 30 or 40 brews I've ensured that my sparge water pH is under 6. Since doing that, I've rearranged my mashing and sparging salt additions so some goes in the mash to help with Mash pH and the remainder, to get to the water profile I want, goes to the sparge water. In a sample session, I have a total of 9.4g of gypsum and 4g of CaCl. I have 3.4g of gypsum and 1g of CaCl going to mash and the rest to sparge. In the attached screenshot, it only shows me the additions for the mash. I added a custom step (highlighted) to remind me to do the sparge water additions and I typically pre-separate my salt additions so I usually catch it if I forget to add. My salt addition settings in the recipe are set for Mash and Sparge appropriately, so I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug (sometimes that can be both! haha)

Let me know if you need more information.

EDIT: I added a screenshot of the additions for the recipe. It's also not showing the acid additions.

Ross
GCB

Attachments

• BF_BrewSteps_033121.png
    BF_BrewSteps_033121.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 139
  • BF_Additions_033121.png
    BF_Additions_033121.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 124
Thanks for the request!

I'll open a ticket for this

Has this been solved? I just came across this same issue with sparge salt additions not showing in the steps that are auto generated.

Back