Brew Sessions Sort Order not working

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Found another problem where selecting a New Sort order for the Brew Sessions list does not function as expected.
Changing the Sort Order Option drop-down to a new sort order does nothing - the view stays the same regardless. There is no automatic refresh of the screen and selecting REFRESH top left of the browser interface will refresh the screen but order does not change and screen is refreshed back to original order.
Before:
upload_2019-3-3_16-3-5.png

After:
upload_2019-3-3_16-4-35.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-3_16-0-21.png
    upload_2019-3-3_16-0-21.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 105
  • upload_2019-3-3_16-3-30.png
    upload_2019-3-3_16-3-30.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 88
Also checking and unchecking the snapshots checkbox in that section doesn't apply that action and the selection or sort order isn't remembered when you refresh the page.

Also checking and unchecking the snapshots checkbox in that section doesn't apply that action and the selection or sort order isn't remembered when you refresh the page.

Exactly... I never normally use this page but today I did as I was building a spread sheet to track what beer I had left (apart from counting empty bottles!) I had the need to use it. I seem to be finding rather a lot of bugs these days. That's three in last 2 weeks so far.

We have a fix for this on beta- I'm testing now. Do you guys want to try it out as well, and put it through the wringer?
beta.brewersfriend.com

Hi Lorena,

Working on Beta.

Again partial success.
You can change the Sort Order Option - though it doesn't automatically refresh - and you have to select the SEARCH button for the page to refresh. The order of entries does change but - ALL dates are now missing!
It does not matter what you select as the sort order - the same result... no dates.

Refreshing the screen using the Page Refresh (top left of browser) DOES restore the dates on screen but sometimes (not every time) it doesn't refresh to the selected Sort Order. It is very weird.

Perhaps you need an actual [REFRESH} button on the page - OR (preferably) make it refresh AFTER the change of Sort Order.
In any case it is not consistent.

upload_2019-3-4_16-10-55.png

ADDITIONALLY!!!!
################

There is a date interpretation problem - noticed while doing these tests.
I work in UK Format dates and, when dates have been entered in Brew Sessions, I have used the Date Picker (that displays dates in American Format) so the correct date has been selected so for the recipe SECONDBASHMASH the selected date would have been 3rd April. When the date is displayed in the Brew Sessions listing it is displayed as the 4th March...

The Actual Brew Session.
upload_2019-3-4_16-24-5.png

When Listed...

upload_2019-3-4_16-24-35.png

Naturally I would prefer dates shown in my commonly used format but I can live with it in US format as long as it is handled consistently.

Bet you didn't notice this one???
Alan

Wow- I would have never seen that one. I put in a ticket- thank you so much!

I'm seeing slightly different table headings and the dates are visible when the page loads, but they disappear when you click search. The dates are respecting the system settings, I just had to change my date format in the general settings.

The screenshot is for the different table headings. Dates are visible because I hadn't clicked search.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 106
OK I now have sorted my Profile to display local time values... funny how I didn't think of that earlier - so now my dates will be ok. - just about to see.

Hi Lorena,

Working on Beta.

Again partial success.
You can change the Sort Order Option - though it doesn't automatically refresh - and you have to select the SEARCH button for the page to refresh. The order of entries does change but - ALL dates are now missing!
It does not matter what you select as the sort order - the same result... no dates.

Refreshing the screen using the Page Refresh (top left of browser) DOES restore the dates on screen but sometimes (not every time) it doesn't refresh to the selected Sort Order. It is very weird.

Perhaps you need an actual [REFRESH} button on the page - OR (preferably) make it refresh AFTER the change of Sort Order.
In any case it is not consistent.

View attachment 5376

ADDITIONALLY!!!!
################

There is a date interpretation problem - noticed while doing these tests.
I work in UK Format dates and, when dates have been entered in Brew Sessions, I have used the Date Picker (that displays dates in American Format) so the correct date has been selected so for the recipe SECONDBASHMASH the selected date would have been 3rd April. When the date is displayed in the Brew Sessions listing it is displayed as the 4th March...

The Actual Brew Session.
View attachment 5377

When Listed...

View attachment 5378

Naturally I would prefer dates shown in my commonly used format but I can live with it in US format as long as it is handled consistently.

Bet you didn't notice this one???
Alan

This is on beta now- can you run it again while I test on my end and see if it's fixed on beta? Thank you so much!

Hi Lorena, Yes tests out ok here. I adjusted the sort order options and selected the [SEARCH] button to do a refresh. This time the dates did not vanish. I tried other options and the dates remained as expected so I would say it is fine.
Perhaps it might be helpful to rename the search button [Search / Refresh]? Just an idea.
Alan

Back