Brew session steps and Recipe water quantities don't match

Sunfire96

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
upload_2020-8-27_12-4-1.png

upload_2020-8-27_12-5-33.png

Any idea what's going on here? Thanks

The brew steps follows the QWR as a guideline and not necessarily the actual recipe steps volumes. @Yooper I've asked ticket #255 to be bumped.

The brew steps follows the QWR as a guideline and not necessarily the actual recipe steps volumes. @Yooper I've asked ticket #255 to be bumped.

Hi,

I noticed over the weekend that the total mash water in my recipe (Mash1 image) was only showing the sparge water volume. The Brew Steps only showed the 'Sparge' water amount and not 'Infusion' water.
- If I changed 'Infusion' to 'Strike' the mash water was correct.
- Quick Water Requirements was always correct but Brew Steps was taking the numbers from the recipe, not QWR.

I've gone back to an older recipe (Mash2 image) which I brewed a few weeks back. When I brewed it the mash water in the recipe and Brew Steps was correct, however today the total mash water in the recipe (which has no sparge step) is listed as 0 litres. This wasn't an issue when I brewed last month.

Could the above have something to do with OP's query?

Attachments

• BF_Mash1.png
    BF_Mash1.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 155
  • BF_Mash2.png
    BF_Mash2.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 160

Hey Priceless, do you or @Yooper have an update on this please? Not sure if you saw my last reply in the thread about this - curious to see if it's related to OP's query. Cheers!

Hey Priceless, do you or @Yooper have an update on this please? Not sure if you saw my last reply in the thread about this - curious to see if it's related to OP's query. Cheers!
Hey there, thanks for the followup.

It was actually released last night after I logged off, could you please confirm if you're still seeing issues on your end?

It was actually released last night after I logged off, could you please confirm if you're still seeing issues on your end?

Hi Priceless,

I've checked one of my recipes - added a sparge step to a no-sparge recipe, and this now seems to be calculating water volumes fine. Thanks for that. I've not brewed for several weeks but will let you know if there's anything off with the Brew Steps when I next do.

Thanks

Hey, still having issues. Brewed today and got the attached photos - it's only showing the sparge volume for some reason?

Attachments

• BF_MashProblem.png
    BF_MashProblem.png
    14 KB · Views: 160
  • BF_MashProblem-Sparge.png
    BF_MashProblem-Sparge.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 165
The value for the brew session brew steps should be updated now, and should pull first from the recipes mash guidelines and recipe volumes, if they're missing it will fallback to the recipe QWR based on the assigned equipment.

Hey, still having issues. Brewed today and got the attached photos - it's only showing the sparge volume for some reason?
@Sunfire96

Back