Brew Jacket

Interesting. I wonder if it'll take off. Too pricey for me, though. I bought both by brand new freezers for the same amount. Of course, I also had to buy a controller and fermwrap for each unit.

I got one fridge set up now (for fermentation) and already thinking, geez, I could use another one. Then I start thinking about the space and cost ... and, really, I could probably keep three busy. It's pricey, but looks like it might be so convenient, easy and low cost operation. If they could do them for $100 instead of $300, I'd jump on it now.

Yeah, but I'll trust the dependability of my freezer much more than the brewjacket. Another question I have is whether condensation is an issue.

If you really wanted you could make this pretty cheap with an STC-1000 and a Peltier cooler with fan and heat sync. I'm not sure what the "removable rod" is made of but I'm assuming any good heat conductor would suffice. I'm surprised that a lager could be made with it though. This is one example... might be a little overboard but probably still cheaper than the brew jacket
Peltier Cooler

A refrigerator, a thermowell and a temperature controller are much cheaper and have other uses than lagering.... Just sayin'.

Back