Bottling from a keg

NunheadBrewer

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'll try and keep this a simple question, hoping for a simple answer (unlike ones found on initial research!)

I am 5 brews in, so new and inexperienced

I have bought a Little Bottler (Youngs), but only have a FV and a keg.
Are there any issues with transferring to keg and using Little Bottlerfrom the tap?

As oppose to siphoning from FV (no taps), buying any extra equipment or making any alterations (drilling etc)

thanks!

the issue is foaming and too much waste, you can turn the pressure down to about 2 psi, slip a bottle filler right into a picnic tap, keep the beer and bottle cold then fill by fully pressing until the beer reaches the top, you'll lose a bunch of foam out the top then pull the bottle filler out and cap.

to hold the bottle you can take a soup or vegetable can, screw it to a 2 x 6 sanitize it then put your bottle in to hold it while capping

thanks both, i had seen that post and it still involves buying more equipment (not much, but still!)
I only have a plastic keg, so no idea about adding gas to a specific measurement!
I think i might just get a bottling bucket, i can get one for £11. Can I assume all is ok with using these?

Back