Bottle Cap Labels

BarbarianBrewer

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a picture of how I label my bottles now. I use Avery brand Presta 94500 labels. These are 1" (25.4 mm). I downloaded the a Microsoft Word template for it from the Avery website. It's far more legible than hand writing on each cap. Plus I can get a little more info on each. In this picture I indicate which bottles I added orange extract to and how many drops I added.

bottle cap labels.jpg

I like it, i always just capped a batch in one color and remembered lol

I like it, i always just capped a batch in one color and remembered lol
For me that only worked at bottling time. Come drinking time..."Did I put the Irish Red under a red cap (Irish Red) or a green cap (Irish Red)"? Or worse when I was using multiple colors just to use up the leftovers. Actually the primary reason I went to labels for the additional info (Bottling date and ABV). I tried putting on more info but, had to use a magnifying glass to read it.

Attachments

• clear.png
    clear.png
    137 bytes · Views: 50
For me that only worked at bottling time. Come drinking time..."Did I put the Irish Red under a red cap (Irish Red) or a green cap (Irish Red)"? Or worse when I was using multiple colors just to use up the leftovers. Actually the primary reason I went to labels for the additional info (Bottling date and ABV). I tried putting on more info but, had to use a magnifying glass to read it.
Oh yeah I loved the Russian roulette theme of bottling

I gotta small whiteboard and some magnets for the caps stuck to the fridge that's my "now serving" menu for that.....the cure for us with CRS

Oh ya, played the beer roulete too.

Back