Blichmann Beer Gun

jeffpn

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I hope it's worth it! I bought one today. What is it with me and brew toys??

I have had mine for years and the button kept falling off in the middle of bottling. The button ended up in the bottle and the beer would keep coming out, making a big mess and wasting precious beer. I was bummed because when the gun was working properly I loved it, when it failed, I was in a panic to get the beer to stop flowing.

So to solve this I went to the internet and found almost nothing about this. I tried replacing the buttons and it helped for a while, but before long it fell of again. Finally I found a short blog by a guy (that I can't find again) that came up with a simply and brilliant solution. Take the tab that holds the button and bend it up slightly past 90 degrees. This will cause the button to be pushed back into place each time the "fill valve" assembly is operated. Since I did this a year ago, I haven't had a button come off. I have attached a photo to show what I did.

Attachments

• BlichmannTab.JPG
    BlichmannTab.JPG
    490.5 KB · Views: 131
I just messed around with it. A little bit clumsy, and fairly slow at the recommended 5 PSI. But no foam after the first bottle, which wasn't that bad either. All in all, I like it. Maybe I'll start giving 6 packs as gifts to those whom I give gifts. Or 4 packs if I use the bombers. It'd be a nice complement to the Christmas cookies my wife passes out.

I fill 6 packs to take to gatherings, butt I'm considering picking up a mini 1 gal keg

Back