Big Brew day.

Steve Ruch

Lifetime Member
Established Member
Reaction score
It's not the official Big Brew recipe, but I am brewing this.
Screenshot_20220505-173055.png

Like Steve, I'll brewing on Big Brew Day but, not an official recipe. Actually brew day was supposed to be last Saturday, so it's only being brewed tomorrow on accident. I'll be brewing a New Glarus Spotted Cow clone. I might even do a split batch between Wyeast's kölsch and CrossMyLoof's kölsch. (Thanks Alan!)

Brewed Spotted Cow today. Split the batch between Wyeast Kölsch and CrossMyLoof Kölsch. Since I can't fit them both in my fermentation chamber, and ambient basement temp is 61°F (16°C), I decided to ferment both old school on the basement floor. I should have put one in a glass carboy so I could watch the fermentation churn.

PXL_20220507_234952422.jpg

We host BBD every year.
This year we had a nice mix of brewers and systems that set up and brewed at the shop.
3 brewer's brewed the porter recipe.
The other brewer's did an assortment of beers.
I actually set up and brewed outside with my old set-up. 15 gallons of American wheat
Things went well overall and the only breakage was a hydrometer and test jar.
We tapped a pin cask around 9 am of oatmeal stout that quickly disappeared.
Great day for sure!
Cheers

Brewed Spotted Cow today. Split the batch between Wyeast Kölsch and CrossMyLoof Kölsch. Since I can't fit them both in my fermentation chamber, and ambient basement temp is 61°F (16°C), I decided to ferment both old school on the basement floor. I should have put one in a glass carboy so I could watch the fermentation churn.

View attachment 20575
I am very interested in hearing how these yeasts compare in the final product.

Back