BIAB take kettle size into account

royger

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Maybe it's a really stupid question, but I just started doing BIAB (from using a mash tun) and I would like the recipe editor to take into account the size of the kettle when doing BIAB, so that it warns me if I'm using too much grain.

As an example my kettle is 36L, and when preparing a recipe the water calculator was advising me to use 32L of water for the mash, which would have resulted in overflow when adding the grain AFAICT.

Thanks, Roger.

Hello,

Maybe it's a really stupid question, but I just started doing BIAB (from using a mash tun) and I would like the recipe editor to take into account the size of the kettle when doing BIAB, so that it warns me if I'm using too much grain.

As an example my kettle is 36L, and when preparing a recipe the water calculator was advising me to use 32L of water for the mash, which would have resulted in overflow when adding the grain AFAICT.

Thanks, Roger.
Thanks for reaching out Royger, while I can say that its on the agenda, I can't give any sort of timeline or roadmap on when it'll be in place.

There are a few changes that we're (I'm) wanting to drive for the mash guidelines, and this is part of it.

Back