BIAB or Full grain

Torwill

Trial Member
Reaction score
Dear All!

I have a question!
If use ACE/Klarstein micro brewery system and I want to make an own recipe in brewer's friend editor which setup should I use? BIAB or Full grain? This question is important cause the micro brewery has a circulating pump but I put the grain into a standar stainless cage which is part of the brewery!

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

I'm afraid I don't know what a ACE/Klarstein is.
If you're doing a brew in a bag, where you tend to not sparge and do a greater water:grain ratio, then choose BIAB.

ACE/Klarstein is like GrainFather, Robo Brew (All in one kettle/mash).
Like @Yooper said, it will always depend on the water:grain ratio (if you sparge or not).

Thanks a lot! So the first thing I circulate the water with pump but not sparge the grain. The second thing I use 3 liter water every 1kg of grain In the begining of the mashing ( the final mashing works with 5 liter water every 1kg grain). If I understand what you are says definately use BIAB in the recipe making

From that description you're closer to using the all grain approach than BIAB. Use a 5 L / kg in the default mash thickness in your equipment profile and the rest should work from there.

Most of the other single vessel systems are closer to BIAB as they keep aside a certain amount of water for a batch sparge, but the rest of the volume needed for the batch goes in at the start. Not a major difference but does point you to one approach rather than the other for the recipe and brew sessions appraches.

Back