Best on-tap recipes for 2-keg rotation

J A

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Okay...General recipe question:
What recipes do you brew for kegged beers you keep pretty much in steady rotation?
I know that answer depends on a lot of things, but I'm starting to keg and I want to try to work out a brew schedule that will allow me to keep two beers on tap at all times. One thing that sort of complicates it for me is that a keg could last a month at our household drinking rate and hitting 2 kegs could keep a beer on hand for up to two months (okay...it'll probably go faster than I think, but I can always just brew more ;) ).
I intend to bottle smaller batches, too, but I'd like to rotate through about 12 kegs a year (and of course an extra here and there for parties) with 2 in the fridge all the time and maybe one in reserve for quick change-out. I'd prefer to keg session beers and bottle bigger stuff like stouts, porters, bocks, big IPA's, etc.
So...Blondes, Pales, session IPA's, Bitters, Cream Ales, Lagers?...What do you keep on hand? What's your go-to House Beer?

My preferences run toward beers with a good dry malt profile, but good APA, Hefeweizen, English Bitter or Mild Ale are all good options.
Right now I have a Grapefruit Hefe on tap, a Blonde Ale in the fermenter and a short-lagered Pils planned for brewing this week.

i brew a blond and keep it around constantly, I brew this with cascade or Amarillo with US-05 or lager yeast, its very good either way, I prefer the speed of an ale and chill it for a week and its just like a lager

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... mmer-lager

I also keep and English mild and a Boston lager I brew too all with ale yeast, these are always on tap

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
i brew a blond and keep it around constantly, I brew this with cascade or Amarillo with US-05 or lager yeast, its very good either way, I prefer the speed of an ale and chill it for a week and its just like a lager

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... mmer-lager

I also keep and English mild and a Boston lager I brew too all with ale yeast, these are always on tap

Nice! Thanks...
I'd like to see your Boston Lager recipe. That might be nice for a fall seasonal beer around here. We need lawnmower beers in the summer here in Texas. :)

J A,
The types of beers you intend to keep in rotation are the same types of beers I keep in rotation!

Back