Best Home brew sounds...

TheZel66

Trial Member
Reaction score
(1) Airlock bubbling away!
(2) That release of CO2 when you open up a bottle of your latest batch, telling you it's ready for a drink.

Your friends commenting on how good your beer tastes!!! (and then passing out on the floor)

The whirring sound when the exhaust fan spins up.

1 Blow off hose blurping vigorously in a bucket the morning after an evening brew.
2 The popping of a grolsch bottle top.

1000 A keg blowing co2 into your half full glass :(

Head First said:
1000 A keg blowing co2 into your half full glass :(

Come on a "1000", all though a little disappointing, it does mean room for another brew :D.

the wife saying honey will you brew me a beer.

Nosybear said:
the wife saying honey will you brew me a beer.
So you have a loving caring wife also!!! :D

The wife getting up and bringing me a beer. That only happened once when we were first married... LOL :lol:

How about this one: the sound of a keg filling up. Starts with a bit of splashing, then just the hum of the line.

I usually wind up getting up and getting her a glass of wine - her preferred beverage. But this whole brewing odyssey started as a result of a beer she had in Bavaria, a Kloster Weltenberger Schwarzbier. Once we got back to the states, she bought me the brewing kit with the understanding I was to reproduce that beer. So there you have my one attempt at cloning.... Schwarz 2.0 is close, I'll see how close tonight when I open one. Then I may hear the truly best homebrew sound ever possible:

"Honey, can I get you a beer?"

Cheers, Gentlemen (and ladies, if there are any reading), and happy brewing!

Back