BEERSMITH3 how do i change the water from quarts to imperial gallons ?

andyadam

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me with this one, i have checked the videos but they relate more to water quality and composition, i just need a way to change it from quarts to imperial gallons ( and store it if possible )
Any help would be gratefully received

cheers
Andy

One of two things you can do:

1. Find a beersmith forum and ask the question there.

2. Start using brewers friend and we can help you with using this software.

You're basically going to Apple's customer support asking why Internet Explorer won't work. Good luck!

But in the interest of us being a very friendly place, I offer this: Google "Convert Quarts to Imperial Gallons". You should get a converter in the results. Or multiply the quarts by this ridiculous number to get the conversion: 4.8037996817149.

To be fair, the name of the forum is "Brewer's Friend", after all so you can see why a new brewer would come here asking questions about anything that concerns brewing. Maybe the Beersmith forums aren't very friendly. :D

Welcome to Brewers Friend.

My crazy world (Canada):
1) I grew up with Imperial measurements. When we travelled to Florida for a vacation, my Dad taught me that the US gallon is four fifths of the Imperial gallon.
2) Midway through my schooling along came the metric system, my generatiom has since embraced only what has been legislated.
3) In my professional life everything with volume and flow is in US gallons. With linear dimensions I have to deal with feet, inches, and fractions, as well as millimeters, centimeters, and meters.

Because of this, I have conversion programs on my home and work computers, and have an app on my phone as well.

I don't think that there is an option here to use Imperial volumes.
One Imperial gallon is 1.2009 US gallons.
One US gallon is 0.8327 of one imperial gallon.
These factors are the same for Imperial to US pints as well.
So Dad was pretty close...

Good Luck!
Craigerrr

edit ^^^^^^
4 US quarts = 1 US gallon
4 IMP quarts = 1 IMP gallon

The app opn my phone will convert anything to anything, maybe just be sure which quart you are starting with.
One US quart = 0.2082 Imperial Gallon
One Imp gallon = 4.8038 US quarts as noted above by nosybear

Cheers

The great thing about Brewer's Friend calculator is that you can just toggle from US to Imperial and it's all automatic. :)

The great thing about Brewer's Friend calculator is that you can just toggle from US to Imperial and it's all automatic. :)
I did not know that, thanks

Reactions: J A
I'm in that weird age bracket where I know US/SAE and metric and mix and match them semi randomly.

Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me with this one, i have checked the videos but they relate more to water quality and composition, i just need a way to change it from quarts to imperial gallons ( and store it if possible )
Any help would be gratefully received

cheers
Andy
Go to Tools/Options/Units and change it there.

Back