BeerSci: Are Hops Addictive? | Popular Science

Krimbos

Trial Member
Reaction score
This should start a rousing debate

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2 ... -addictive

I think there may be something to it. 3 months ago, I did not prefer a hoppy beer, then I got a brew kit for Christmas. Today I split a cascade hopped pale ale into 3 jugs and dried hopped with 3 different hops.

Hop to it, gang!

A hoppy beer sure does taste good, and it is fun to explore all the possibilities. Thankfully it is not chemically addictive.

That was an interesting read. The first paragraph certainly describes my journey. Seems just a few short years ago I was clueless as to what real beer was. Now I looking for the next hoppy thing. (or imagining how I might create it at home).

phew!! not chemically addictive! just what I need... another vice!! Great article though. Perfect explanation of the slide into hophead-edness (what? it's a word...) and why we seem to be forever chasing the hop-ium dragon!

MadScienter said:
phew!! not chemically addictive! just what I need... another vice!! Great article though. Perfect explanation of the slide into hophead-edness (what? it's a word...) and why we seem to be forever chasing the hop-ium dragon!

Hoppium -> great name for a beer!

LarryBrewer said:
MadScienter said:

Hoppium -> great name for a beer!

That's a brilliant name!! I googled it... they beat you to it. The REAL tragedy is it's in North Carolina so I'll probably never get to try it!

Attachments

• tumblr_lruh41u84V1qkye05o1_r1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lruh41u84V1qkye05o1_r1_500.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,037

Back