Beer in Gas Line!

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I just had the dumbest ideah if purging my burst carbed beernout through my pressure releases valve on regulator and beer frothed out:eek:!!

Im in the process of taking all me gas lines appart and fittings was gunna soak in some percarbonate dry em out in sun and reconnect.

What about me regulator can i take it appart clean it out dry it and put back together??

What would use do in my situation other than curse:mad:!

I don't know if regulators are meant to be taken apart. You should look into getting a check valve to keep beer from going in the regulator. Saves a lot of hassle.

Most regs can be taken apart. I've done it from time to time at work, but I deal with some equipment that it's safer to replace rather than rebuild. That said, I have done it on non-essential things before, and it does depend on the reg itself.
Here's an overview of one I just found online for reference.
https://www.micromatic.com/great-products-15-off/double-gauge-co2-primary-premium-series-642

click on replacement parts

Ha. I just found youtube vids as well.

The Micro Matic's are made to be serviceable Made in the USA that's the model I have... they're about $10 more than the cheap Chinese made... highly recommend

Cheers fellas yep mines micro matic regulator. I took hosses fittings disconects appart and soaked in sodium percarbonate. Then took the regulator apart dried reassembled.

One way check valve is on the list!

See that regulator has no preassure relief valve mines got one high preassure guage (busted) a low preassure guage and two low pressure outlets one has my gas line attached the other has a ring pull pressure relief valve, thats the one i pulled to cause the beer to flow through. I musta had beer up to dip tube on gas side. I had unscrewed the preassure valve on regulator saw the release valve and thought heck why not saves me opening then kegerator to do the same thing on the keg just release the preassure here (lazy bastard)!

mine has a bleed valve but it's clogged, the tank gage is broke which you don't need anyway and the gas rises but it works at low pressure

I just had the dumbest ideah if purging my burst carbed beernout through my pressure releases valve on regulator and beer frothed out:eek:!!

Im in the process of taking all me gas lines appart and fittings was gunna soak in some percarbonate dry em out in sun and reconnect.

What about me regulator can i take it appart clean it out dry it and put back together??

What would use do in my situation other than curse:mad:!
I've been too slack to get a one way check valve, you've just convinced me that i need one ! Hope it all turns out ok for you.

I've been too slack to get a one way check valve, you've just convinced me that i need one ! Hope it all turns out ok for you.
Amen brother yep for 10 bucks from keg king its a fail safe for brain farts like i had!

Back