Beer brewing suggestions

Reaction score
I love to brew and in my 2 years of brewing, a high % of my brew days have been dedicated to beers that I cant get in New Hampshire due to distribution issues or low availability. I usually use the Homebrew Network on facebook to find the "hot" beer of the moment that I cant brew and I tend to brew it to see what the big deal is. I have done Pliny the elder (russian river brewing), Moose drool (big sky brewing), Heady Topper (the alchemist), Zombie Dust (three floyds), Maharaja IIPA (avery brewing), two hearted ale (bells brewery).

I am looking for 5 gallon batch all grain clones of beers that I probably havent had or heard of. I dont need you to give me the recipe, I can look them up myself. Just the names of them. You may be thinking "how the heck do I know what you have had" and to this I reply with "I live in New Hampshire so our distribution network isnt great so if you live outside of new england chances are, I havent had it unless its a bigger known beer company like Sierra Nevada or founders".

If you have time to jot down a few beers (and who brews them) so I can look up recipes, Id appreciate it. If not, thank you for reading.

Just curious...if you brew from a "clone recipe" and never try the actual beer, how can you know whether it's very much like the original?
Luckily I live around microbrew ally. I bring all my beers to the head Brewers of them to try if they had already had the original. Their feed back is invaluable.

Reactions: J A
the Boulevard' brewery is the next city over from me, although we only get the wheat crap here for some reason, I only say that is I'm allergic, I'm sure its good

Little bang brewing company - the naked objector

Modus operandi - former tenant red ipa or the yeast coast ipa

Coopers pale ale

Pirate life mosiac ipa

I know some of these beers will be almost impossible to clone and to get a fresh example to test against ...send them to me for blunt and honest feedback

the Boulevard' brewery is the next city over from me, although we only get the wheat crap here for some reason, I only say that is I'm allergic, I'm sure its good

Isn't it odd that the wheat is so popular and widely distributed? Don't get me wrong, it is a good beer, but they make better beers (IMHO)

Cold Smoke by Kettle House (a very good strong Scotish ale)
Scepter Head IPA by Draught Works (2015 Gold winner in Denver)
Rye Sally Rye by Tamarack Brewing (one of my favorite beers...goes with a Buffalo burger very well)
Swivel Head Red by Deschutes Brewery
Dead Guy Ale by Rogue Brewery They make a bourbon whiskey out of the same malts too.
Black Butte Porter by Deschutes Brewery (One of the first craft beers I ever tried)
No Li IPA from No Li Brewing
Space Dust IPA by Elysian Brewing
Irish Death by Iron Horse Brewery
Dragons Breath dark hefe ale by Bayern Brewery
Ivan The Terrible Imperial Stout and old Blue Hair Strong Belgian by Big Sky Brewing
Pigs Ass Porter by Harvest Moon
That should keep ya brewing for a while;)

Cold Smoke by Kettle House (a very good strong Scotish ale)
Scepter Head IPA by Draught Works (2015 Gold winner in Denver)
Rye Sally Rye by Tamarack Brewing (one of my favorite beers...goes with a Buffalo burger very well)
Swivel Head Red by Deschutes Brewery
Dead Guy Ale by Rogue Brewery They make a bourbon whiskey out of the same malts too.
Black Butte Porter by Deschutes Brewery (One of the first craft beers I ever tried)
No Li IPA from No Li Brewing
Space Dust IPA by Elysian Brewing
Irish Death by Iron Horse Brewery
Dragons Breath dark hefe ale by Bayern Brewery
Ivan The Terrible Imperial Stout and old Blue Hair Strong Belgian by Big Sky Brewing
Pigs Ass Porter by Harvest Moon
That should keep ya brewing for a while;)

Sweet baby Jesus (in the Ricky Bobby voice). That's a nice list of beers to look up. Thank you for your input.

Back