bass ale modified clone

Seems a little light. You might just add a touch of Roasted Barley for some color and a hint of bite in the malt profile...maybe an ounce or even less. I'm not sure you need quite that much sweet, dark malt and the C-Pils is redundant. You could think about something like Victory for a bready/toasty note in the flavor profile...it adds some dry malt flavor as well.
Looks like it'll work, though.;)

Dark malts impart different flavors as well as different colors. Chocolate malt would be okay for color, but I've used it in this type of beer and didn't like the way the flavor combined with the dark fruit/sweetness of the Crystal and seemed too chocolate-y rather than roasty. Here's a beer I brewed that was good but the chocolate/roast came through just a little too much for the style I wanted. Would have made a good Bass clone with the right hops and yeast, though a little light in color...https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/331791/quick-amber
You could try using your half pound of 60 and and a 1-1.5 ounces of the Chocolate since you've got it on hand.

i scrapped this one for now. i will do another brew of ss nut brown ale with a recommended change.

Back