Awesome New Updates for January 2019!

Discussion in 'Brewer's Friend Update Forum' started by Yooper, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Yooper

Yooper Administrator
    Staff Member

We've been working very hard to make our Brewer's Friend brewing software better and more advanced than ever before. I'm so excited to tell you about some of the latest features, enhancements and updates!

This includes showing devices (like a Tilt) as well as temperature entries done by hand as a graph from your brew session.

We also have made some visual improvements for recipe stats on a new addition to the homepage:

Untitled.png

We added the ability to enter more than one yeast strain per recipe, especially adding bacteria for sours as well as saccharomyces:

yeast.png

We added the ability to choose brands for your ingredients, and users can contribute to the ingredients and the equipment (and more will be coming every day!):

brands.png

You can contribute your favorite brand of malts by clicking the "add to catalog" to keep it in the dropdown, and add it for other brewers as well.

In the brew session feature, you now have the option to toggle off (or on) your current brew session step so it's always on your screen without scrolling or changing screens:

brewsteps.png

More of the latest updates include features to "my inventory" and "my shopping list". Easily add from your recipe to your shopping list, and the inventory you have will be shown as well. This smarter inventory and your shopping list make for an easy way to be ready to purchase the ingredients you need, then add them right into the inventory.

Check them all out today, and let us know what YOU think!

2. thunderwagn

thunderwagn Well-Known Member

Huge thanks from me for adding 'calories' the way you did to the brew log history! May not be a big feature for most, but I add the est. calories to Myfitnesspal for all my brews. Now it's nice and handy!

Crashgraham and Yooper like this.
  3. Trialben

Trialben Well-Known Member

Pest control tech
    Cheers to the brewersfriend admin/software team top work All. The improvements to the site in the few years ive been comming here has been awesome. Glad to be a member of this fine site!

Aje1967 and Yooper like this.
  4. Onobrewco

Onobrewco New Member

You all are awesome. I love Brewersfriend. As a professional brewer, I think Brewersfriend is the best brewing software on the market. You all have done a great job with the whole software package. I love how responsive you are with updates and new features. Keep up the great work!

Yooper likes this.
  5. Jeremiah White

Jeremiah White New Member

Looking really good guys, always know what I need in brewing software before I do.

6. TomvonD

TomvonD New Member

Great job!

7. Werral

Werral New Member

While I do appreciate the ability to add more than one yeast strain per recipe, the search for yeast strains is very bad now. If I type Omega into the search it doesn't provide me with a list of the omega yeast strains, it just provides the company name and nothing else. I'd rather have a better search function and add the additional yeast to my own notes section...just my opinion.

Cheers!

TxBrew likes this.
  8. Timothy Slocum

Timothy Slocum New Member

Thanks for the updates.

9. Yooper

Yooper Administrator
    Staff Member

We saw this, and I wanted to let you know that it is coming to be fixed in the near future, probably going to be released on beta tomorrow. It has to do with the other updates with adding the brands, and this one just isn't quite finished yet. We're working on it, and it should be ready within the next 48 hours, after some beta testing to make sure it's working properly,

Mase likes this.
  10. Chaos home brewing

Chaos home brewing New Member

Very nice, thanks!

11. Black Lion Homebrewery

Regarding users contributing to the inventory, Will someone be verifying the correct info before it's put in the public database?

12. Yooper

Yooper Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes. We look at all of them to ensure accuracy (plus spelling and names). It goes fast though, since others are entering them and we're just checking them over.

13. Black Lion Homebrewery

I hope this is another transitional state, but fermentables are currently not showing country of origin like it did previously, or brands. A bit confusing when you search for Munich and get 5 options with only just SRM to differentiate.

ACBEV likes this.
  14. Yooper

Yooper Administrator
    Staff Member

Do you want to check out the beta site where we've made some changes in this, and I think it's better? (We are making sure everything is perfect before we push it to the live site). There are "generic" fermentables, like before, and then specific brands to choose from.

15. Black Lion Homebrewery

I'd be happy to help where I can, I've sent you a private message.

I saw that there are still generics, but when searching in recipe creator. I don't see country of origin on the generics anymore (see screen shot below). There's a generic pilsner at 1.7 srm, 1.4 srm, 1.9 srm and two more when I scroll down but nothing to differentiate these generic malts.

Attached Files: