Avg Perfect NEIPA Version 2.0

Kees77

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I love the Avg perfect NEIPA recipe on this forum and have experimented with it over multiple brews. I have tried many different permutations of hops and grain bills. What are your thoughts on creating a second version of this through user experiences?

I have had success with the following:

GRAIN
11 lbs - 2-row
1.5 lbs - AW
1.5 lbs - Flaked oats
0.5 lbs - honey malt

Hops
2 oz - Apollo @ 10min
1.5 oz each - Citra, Eldorado & Mosaic @ 170F whirlpool (15 min)
1.25 oz each - Citra, Eldorado & Mosaic day 3 (7 days total in fermenter)
1.25 oz each - Citra, Eldorado & Mosaic day 7 (4 days total in fermenter)

Looking to try this same recipe with Bru-1, Idaho-7 and Vic Secret. Thoughts? ratio?

IMO, I think you’re hop schedule is good, but volume is low. Although I’m still trying to perfect an NEIPA myself, I aim for at least 2 - 2.5 ozs. per gallon (fermenter).

I haven’t seen the NEIPA recipe yet . Looks good. My unbrewed recipe (7g batch) similar malt bill, has 6oz late addition hops, 8oz dry hops.
- still haven’t decided in the yeast

I can tell you what didn't work, I did a variation of the "Avg Perfect NEIPA" by switching the Galaxy hops to Simcoe...

Bad idea, it just tasted like a West Coast IPA... The original Citra, Mosaic, Galaxy version is way better.

(Not that I don't like West Coast IPAs, but if I want one I'll make one properly...)

Hi Everyone

I love the Avg perfect NEIPA recipe on this forum and have experimented with it over multiple brews. I have tried many different permutations of hops and grain bills. What are your thoughts on creating a second version of this through user experiences?

I have had success with the following:

GRAIN
11 lbs - 2-row
1.5 lbs - AW
1.5 lbs - Flaked oats
0.5 lbs - honey malt

Hops
2 oz - Apollo @ 10min
1.5 oz each - Citra, Eldorado & Mosaic @ 170F whirlpool (15 min)
1.25 oz each - Citra, Eldorado & Mosaic day 3 (7 days total in fermenter)
1.25 oz each - Citra, Eldorado & Mosaic day 7 (4 days total in fermenter)
concrete staining tampa
Looking to try this same recipe with Bru-1, Idaho-7 and Vic Secret. Thoughts? ratio?
It's great to hear that you've been experimenting with the Avg Perfect NEIPA recipe and have had success with different hops and grain bills! Creating variations based on user experiences is an excellent way to explore and discover new flavors. Now, let's discuss your idea of using Bru-1, Idaho-7, and Vic Secret hops in the recipe.

When substituting hops, it's important to consider their flavor profiles and characteristics to ensure a balanced and enjoyable result. Here's a breakdown of the hops you mentioned:

1. Bru-1: Bru-1 hops are known for their distinct pineapple, tropical fruit, and stone fruit flavors. They can contribute a unique and bold fruity character to your NEIPA.

2. Idaho-7: Idaho-7 hops offer a combination of citrusy, tropical, and piney flavors. They are often described as having grapefruit, peach, and apricot notes, along with a touch of black tea and resiny characteristics.

3. Vic Secret: Vic Secret hops are known for their intense tropical fruit flavors, including passion fruit, pineapple, and citrus. They can add a strong aroma and contribute to a juicy and vibrant NEIPA.
To create a balanced ratio for these hops in your recipe, you can start with a similar approach to what you've used before. Here's a suggestion:

Hops:

• 2 oz - Apollo @ 10 minutes (as you've used before)
  • 1.5 oz each - Bru-1, Idaho-7, and Vic Secret @ 170°F whirlpool (15 minutes)
  • 1.25 oz each - Bru-1, Idaho-7, and Vic Secret on day 3 (7 days total in fermenter)
  • 1.25 oz each - Bru-1, Idaho-7, and Vic Secret on day 7 (4 days total in fermenter)
This ratio will provide you with a good starting point to highlight the unique flavors of each hop variety while maintaining a balanced profile. However, feel free to adjust the quantities based on your personal preferences and desired intensity of flavors. You may want to increase or decrease the hop amounts to achieve the desired level of hop character in your beer.

Remember to take notes during the brewing process and make adjustments as needed based on your own taste preferences. Brewing is a journey of exploration and experimentation, so don't be afraid to try new combinations and make tweaks along the way. Cheers, and happy brewing!

It's great to hear that you've been experimenting with the Avg Perfect NEIPA recipe and have had success with different hops and grain bills! Creating variations based on user experiences is an excellent way to explore and discover new flavors. Now, let's discuss your idea of using Bru-1, Idaho-7, and Vic Secret hops in the recipe.

When substituting hops, it's important to consider their flavor profiles and characteristics to ensure a balanced and enjoyable result. Here's a breakdown of the hops you mentioned:

1. Bru-1: Bru-1 hops are known for their distinct pineapple, tropical fruit, and stone fruit flavors. They can contribute a unique and bold fruity character to your NEIPA.

2. Idaho-7: Idaho-7 hops offer a combination of citrusy, tropical, and piney flavors. They are often described as having grapefruit, peach, and apricot notes, along with a touch of black tea and resiny characteristics.

3. Vic Secret: Vic Secret hops are known for their intense tropical fruit flavors, including passion fruit, pineapple, and citrus. They can add a strong aroma and contribute to a juicy and vibrant NEIPA.
To create a balanced ratio for these hops in your recipe, you can start with a similar approach to what you've used before. Here's a suggestion:

Hops:

• 2 oz - Apollo @ 10 minutes (as you've used before)
  • 1.5 oz each - Bru-1, Idaho-7, and Vic Secret @ 170°F whirlpool (15 minutes)
  • 1.25 oz each - Bru-1, Idaho-7, and Vic Secret on day 3 (7 days total in fermenter)
  • 1.25 oz each - Bru-1, Idaho-7, and Vic Secret on day 7 (4 days total in fermenter)
This ratio will provide you with a good starting point to highlight the unique flavors of each hop variety while maintaining a balanced profile. However, feel free to adjust the quantities based on your personal preferences and desired intensity of flavors. You may want to increase or decrease the hop amounts to achieve the desired level of hop character in your beer.

Remember to take notes during the brewing process and make adjustments as needed based on your own taste preferences epoxy garage flooring toronto. Brewing is a journey of exploration and experimentation, so don't be afraid to try new combinations and make tweaks along the way. Cheers, and happy brewing!
was this helpful?

Yeah. Generic (but encouraging) information is not useful. Indeed, the writing style is, er, so excessively helpful-but-bland it seems really obvious? As we say, "sticks out like a sore thumb"?
Or DOG BALLS

Back