August 31th Updates

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by Pricelessbrewing, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Pricelessbrewing

Pricelessbrewing QA Software Tester
    Staff Member

We always post our changelog in our "learn" pages automatically: https://docs.brewersfriend.com/changelog. In case you may have noticed some new features, this list will show you the entire changelog:

2020-08-31

Added
    • Equipment Profiles - Adds settings profile import for popular all-in-one brewing systems like Anvil Foundry, Brewie+, Brewers Edge Mash and Boil, Braumeister, Grainfather, and BrewZilla / Robobrew.

• Equipment Profiles - Adds compare for popular all-in-one brewing systems.

• Equipment Profiles - Adds Mash-Tun addition volume to account for liquid under your false bottom. This volume will be added to the strike volume and removed from the sparge volume.

• Equipment Profiles - Adds a Filter for quickly finding a setting.

• General Settings - Adds a Filter for quickly finding a setting.

Thanks to everyone for pushing us to get this fast tracked, and the support on providing equipment specs. Especially @Craigerrr, @Mark Farrall, @Blackmuse, @BOB357, and more I can't remember.

Attached Files:

Craigerrr and Mark Farrall like this.
  2. Pricelessbrewing

Staff Member

Use the "Select a Profile" To fill the currently selected profile with values that match a BF default, or any number of consumer equipment profiles available.

Standard profiles have also been added for BIAB, and a 1 gallon BIAB profile.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/profile/equipment

If there's a system you'd like to see added, or have a question/concern/issue with any of the specifications let me know so I can followup and investigate. Unfortunately many of the equipment specifications are not provided by the manufacturer so community information has been used for much of them.

upload_2020-8-31_16-49-46.png

If you choose "Compare All" you'll see this handy table which may be useful when shopping/comparing different models.

upload_2020-8-31_16-51-18.png

Head First and Craigerrr like this.
  3. Pricelessbrewing

Staff Member

The new mashtun addition value is used to compensate for equipment that has a sizable volume below/outside of the mash basket/bag/false bottom.

In the example below, if I were to mash at 1.5 qt/lb with 12 lbs of grain I would normally use 1.5 * 12 = 18 qts (4.5 gallons). However, 6 qts of that will be outside the basket, so the "apparent" thickness, for lack of a better term, would be much thicker at 1 qt/lb = (18-6) / 12

So if you set a mash-tun addition, that value will automatically be added to the strike volume, and the sparge volume decreased accordingly (when using QWR) to compensate to ensure a good thickness for conversion, and to promote circulation occurs throughout the grain bed when using a pump.
    upload_2020-8-31_16-53-9.png

Craigerrr and Yooper like this.
  4. Craigerrr

Craigerrr Well-Known Member

Well done!

5. uk_brewer

uk_brewer Well-Known Member

Awesome. Will play with this soon, need to get back to brewing now the summer is over.