Arduino Brew Controller Project

sockules

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forums. Picked this beer brewing hobby (habit) up just recently, and like everything else in my life, I felt the need to automate it. I've been building an Arduino based brewery control out of a spare 3D printer control board I had lying around (who doesn't?). Thought I'd probe the community's interest and experience. Would there be any interest in a budget controller like this? What sort of features would ppl want?

Currently you can set:
-Strike temp
-Mash temp/time
-Boil temp/time
-Set audible alarms (for ingredients)
-Control a pump, and heating element with relays based on thermocouple feedback (PID-ish)

I would make this open source, but my wife isn't working right now, haha. Interested in any feedback! Shiny picture below!

Attachments

• IMAG0494 (1024x579).jpg
    IMAG0494 (1024x579).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 2,054
I worked on a project a couple of years ago for a arduino potentiometer based boiling unit, had a led program in it to segment the short and long bursts, worked very well then auberins came out with a pid type of unit with that code inside plus a couple more, I use it for the boil only but there are lots of potential out there for all kinds of controls, keep working on it and keep us informed :D

Back