Apple Ale - Need help Adding Ingredients

jspirko

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm working on brewing an Apple Ale extract that includes the Brewer's Best Cider House Select Kit (Apple) http://www.brewersbestkits.com/pdf/Cider Recipes/apple_cider_instruct.pdf. I was able to add all my ingredients below into Brewer's Friend, but I'm having trouble adding the contents of the kit.

Does anyone have any suggestions? How/where do I enter the kit ingredients?

Recipe:
Steeping Grains:
12.0 oz American - Caramel / Crystal 120L
8.0 oz Belgian - CaraVienne
4.0 oz American - Carapils (Dextrine Malt)
4.0 oz German - CaraAmber

Fermentables:
2 lbs 4.0 oz Liquid Malt Extract - Light
12.0 oz Liquid Malt Extract - Munich

Hops:
1.00 oz Falconer's Flight [10%] - Boil 15.0 min

Yeast:
1.0 pkg Craft Series Cider Yeast (Mangrove Jack's #M02)

Ingredients Need Help With:
- Add Cider Kit ingredients into fermenter post cool (apple concentrate & cider sweetener)
- Add cider flavor packet at least 48 hours before bottling.

I can't speak for the apple concentrate and cider sweetener, but all those other ingredients should already be in the recipe creator tool.

just create a new recipe and add them in.

you can manually add other ingredients (either in the Other Ingredients or Notes sections), but the software doesn't take those into account when calculating IBUs, OG, and such.

or did i totally misunderstand your question?

Maybe just mark it as sugarin the recipe editor and adjust until the og is correct?

Not elegant, but other than adding it to the fermentables master list, I don't see another way.

Is there any info on the lovibond and ppg of those ingredients?

jmcnamara said:
Maybe just mark it as sugarin the recipe editor and adjust until the og is correct?

Not elegant, but other than adding it to the fermentables master list, I don't see another way.

Is there any info on the lovibond and ppg of those ingredients?

No lovibond or ppg info on the ingredients that I'm aware of. Thanks for your help. I'm just trying to get the recipe as close as possible to the actual ingredients used.

Back