anyone have a quick hefeweizen recipe?

Pirate2late

Trial Member
Reaction score
looking for a hefeweizen recipe that is quick from boil to bottle (drinkable). I am a BIAB or partial mash brewer.

second that, I'd go straight 50/50 pilsner and wheat. 1 hallertau addition at 60. WLP300 for me.

my northern hefeweizen isn't shared but its 2/3 red wheat, 1/3 Vienna to 1.045; Hallertau at 60/30/10 to 12 IBU; kolsch yeast; carb to 4 vols. Bottle, don't keg.

Last edited:
looking for a hefeweizen recipe that is quick from boil to bottle (drinkable). I am a BIAB or partial mash brewer.

Any basic Hefe will finish fermenting in about 5 days. You could easily bottle in a week to 10 days if you're confident of your FG.The yeast is very active in the bottle so it'll carb fast. You could be drinking in 2 weeks if you're lucky...3 weeks for sure.

Fermenting a little warm with a huge starter could cut the primary time down a little. A hefe can also be poured young. What's the rush, upcoming event?

Won't be a traditional Hefe, then. :D
Traditional for Northern Germany but not the intent of the BJCP style. They're pretty Bavarian-centric

Reactions: J A
Simplest recipe: 1.050 or thereabouts Wheat Malt Extract, about 15 IBUs of Hallertau, not later in the boil than 45 mins (you don't want hop character in this beer), ferment it with Hefeweizen yeast. Check for a fermentation schedule and your desired outcome, cooler generally produces clove, warmer produces esters. Better would be whole-grain, 50-50 mix but do a rest at about 110 to develop the precursor to clove flavor.

Traditional for Northern Germany but not the intent of the BJCP style. They're pretty Bavarian-centric

I'd probably like it better than traditional Hefe strains. I'm a fan of the Kolsch.
:)

Back