Aging time for Braggot

daemon

Trial Member
Reaction score
What is a good aging range for a braggot???

its beer just without hops it should be the same as usual, depending on how you offset the sweetness

ty I wasn't sure due to the fact that it is a mead beer blend so I was not sure if it had the same aging times as a mead or wine.

Hello daemon,
I agree with "Ozarks Mountain Brew", if it is a low ABV, or small amounts of honey added. However if you are asking about the aging time on some of the recipes you have on this site, "10lb Honey and 17.57% ABV, 48oz. Honey and 19.43% ABV", IMO, it would do well to age it for at least a month before tasting. Also IME, "Wyeast - Dry Mead" compared to ale yeasts, do better with longer agings. So, to make a long reply, longer......it depends on ABV, % of honey, and yeast strand chosen. Hope this helps. Cheers.

ty for the response I appreciate any help that I can get I siphoned this batch to my secondary at a 1.016 FG and right now it tastes more like a beer than a mead. I am not sure what it will taste like later on I just know right now it does not have quite the taste I was looking for.

Welcome, and let us know how it turns out after it ages a bit.

Back