Add dry hop in keg option

Si-Co Brewing

Premium Member
Reaction score
Please could you add a dry hop (keg) option to the hop additions option. The dry hop (high krausen) was a really nice addition to suit NEIPA brewers but many of us also dry hop in the keg as well as the fermentor. Currently, I put these down as dry hop with 0 days and usually leave a note in the recipe notes section in case anyone wants to brew my beer. It would be nice to have an option that specifies that these are keg hop additions.

Thanks for your consideration.

+1

Another keg hopper here.

@Yooper thoughts? While I have dry hopped in the keg, and I know it's somewhat common practice, I also feel that we shouldn't tie process based things (like dry hopping) to equipment but instead they should be tied to a process step. At some point in the future we plan on adding a fermentation process section, which you would then be able to add a dry hop and connect it specifically to your packaging step.

Why couldn't you just add an option for hops use?

Screenshot_20210522-094444_Chrome.jpg

Why couldn't you just add an option for hops use?
We definitely could, without much issue, I just personally think this is a step backwards in the direction we plan on going in the future. For now we could definitely do so until when/if we implement the new system.

How will hopping in this manner be included in the recipe editor?

Back