Acid additions...

breweRN

Trial Member
Reaction score
If I have Acidulated malt in my recipe, it affects the PH of the recipe. If I use the same recipe and input it into the Water Chemistry Calculator (Grist Info) for that recipe, it doubles the acid used if I associate that Water Calc with the recipe. Does anyone else have this issue?

If I have Acidulated malt in my recipe, it affects the PH of the recipe. If I use the same recipe and input it into the Water Chemistry Calculator (Grist Info) for that recipe, it doubles the acid used if I associate that Water Calc with the recipe. Does anyone else have this issue?

Yes, we're working on the water calc now. It's got a few bugs.

Just to mention I've noticed this too. I always put acidulated malt in the fermentables list so it is counted in the gravity - but this means the new quick pH stat is incorrect. Clicking through into the water calculator I can see that whatever amount of acid malt I entered in the grist is also added in the "acid additions" section of the water calc. Therefore it's double-counted and means the pH stat on the main recipe page is incorrect.

Hopefully this is an easy enough fix, as I use acid malt in the majority of my beers.

Just to mention I've noticed this too. I always put acidulated malt in the fermentables list so it is counted in the gravity - but this means the new quick pH stat is incorrect. Clicking through into the water calculator I can see that whatever amount of acid malt I entered in the grist is also added in the "acid additions" section of the water calc. Therefore it's double-counted and means the pH stat on the main recipe page is incorrect.

Hopefully this is an easy enough fix, as I use acid malt in the majority of my beers.

When you go into the water calc and link it to the recipe, does the grist not show "acidulated malt" in the acid malt's description? Can you post the screenshots for this double counted acid, so I can put in a ticket?

Back