Ability to assign a different tank to a beer after fermentation

The Brewery LBK

Reaction score
Right now I am able to assign beer to a tank, but we have unitanks - so sometimes I need to transfer a beer from one to the next. IPA's mostly - to get them off of the the hops to clear & carbonate. ...but also lagers and anything else I need to be really clear.

I know that I could just make 5 additional tanks and call them "brites", but I really only have 5 10bbls tanks. I'll keg off one, clean & sanitize, then transfer another into it, etc.

The ability to assign a new tank as a log entry would be useful.

You should be able to do that- you don't have that ability in the brew log? Does Tank Transfer not fit your situation?

It's quite possible I'm missing it.

I don't see the option of "transfer" in the brew logs, and the only tank option available on any of the brew logs is the one it was fermented in. Not sure how to reassign a tank.

I do have the open tank listed as "cleaned and sanitized"

The tank transfer logs are currently only present in the groups tank page. You can then transfer between tanks.

upload_2020-7-21_21-23-19.png

Then you can use the transfer event in the tank log to transfer that recipe to another vessel.

upload_2020-7-21_21-23-46.png

Is there anyway to add a brew session back to a tank if the "clear tank" option was clicked? I was trying to figure this out yesterday and cleared a tank, but now can't get that brew session to link to it anymore.

Thank you for the info on transferring.

Back