A little meat tenderizer for the holidays!

It'll make a beer. Q: Why are you mashing 120 minutes? 60 should be more than adequate for the grain bill....

I would try to get your final gravity lower just for mouthfeel how ever you can do this maybe less rice

There's a lot of Flaked rice in there and I want it to dry out

one tip the rice will create a huge amount of glue so expect to use about 2 pounds of rice hulls just to drain the mash tun

The rice hulls are a given, I just didn't add it to the recipe yet.
I expect closer to 80% attenuation with this as the yeast I'll be using will be extremely fresh from a local Hofbrauhaus. Benefit's of knowing the brewer!

I'm not committed to the name yet so feel free to offer up some. It will have to be something German and preferably big.

"Adolph's Ueberdimensionalesreisflockenbier" (that translates to over-dimensional rice flake beer)

That seems like a pretty high percentage of adjunct... do you have access to any 6-row just to up the diastatic? Might not be a problem, but I'd be leery of anything over 30%. Other than that, I'd brew it. I usually stick to about 20% rice or corn because I like to have plenty of malt flavor in a light-bodied beer.

OK so after talking with the Brewmaster at Hofbrauhaus, there will be a few modifications.
He said the yeast is Wyeast 2124 and it won't easily go over 8.5%
I'll make some recipe modifications and re-post the link.
He said pitch and ferment @ 12 c raising to 15 c for a d-rest and then a hard cold crash to 0 C

OK, I thought it would automatically update and share.
Better?

oh silly me, Ive done that before he he , your showing the wrong link, save and view then show the view link

Yeah come brew mentor im looking forward to the recipie tweek now:p.

The beer is essentially a Dopplesticke Maibock. That, along with the likelihood of seeing double after a relatively small number of pours makes Doppelganger seem appropriate somewhere in the name. :eek::D

Back