A family affair

EvanAltman36

Trial Member
Reaction score
A buddy and I attended the Big Brew Day festivities at our LHBS and had a great time. Since my wife was out of town, I had to bring my son with me but that ended up being the best part. He had a great time splashing around in the runoff from the chillers and then running around using the kettle lid as a shield while swinging his little grabber-arm toy like a sword. He helped to stir the wort and was actually wafting the steam and commenting on how good it smelled! It's been fun to teach him about the process and how it all works and then let him see the finished product.

Attachments

• BBDpic.jpg
    BBDpic.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 884
Get that kid a new sweatshirt. GO SOX!!

Start 'em young! I can hardly wait to hear, "Can I stir the pot, granddaddy...."

Sorry, man, his name is Ryne, so he doesn't have a choice.

Wow, worse than I thought. He's young, he's got time...

Hey, I married a Sox fan and converted her; she's also a Purdue grad from a family of Purdue grads who now supports IU. But at least she grew up a Bears fan too. But then my sister went off and married a Sox fan, so I got paid back in a way.

BTW, my daughter's name is Addison (for the uninitiated, Wrigley Field sits at 1060 W. Addison St).

Damn! You are for real, as if your Avatar didnt already indicate

I grew up in NJ (see avatar) as a Yankee fan (Thurman, Reggie, Billy, et al). Move to Chicago and lost interest in baseball (Still a NYG fan). MY oldest gravitated to Sox and 2005 put us over the top.

I actually visited your dilapidated ballpark last Friday. Classic line heard in the troughs "How did we score???"

Krimbos said:
Damn! You are for real, as if your Avatar didnt already indicate

I grew up in NJ (see avatar) as a Yankee fan (Thurman, Reggie, Billy, et al). Move to Chicago and lost interest in baseball (Still a NYG fan). MY oldest gravitated to Sox and 2005 put us over the top.

I actually visited your dilapidated ballpark last Friday. Classic line heard in the troughs "How did we score???"

Sadly, there are a lot of people there for the event, since it's iconic (if in need of a great deal of work). I'm taking the kids to a game in about a month and they'll get to run the bases after. I've seen the Cubs play in Miami already, going to see them in Anaheim in a couple weeks, Denver in July. Also going to Yankee Stadium for a game in August. If you're familiar with the EAMUS CATULI sign on the rooftop on Sheffield, I've got that tattooed on my right calf. I'm foolish that way. Also, all of my beers have baseball-themed names or Cubs names.

Love it

My beers are Springsteen based.
Recently bottled an APA dedicated to June Graduates called 3 Minute Record Ale

Nice! It's always fun to be able to put two loves together and enjoy the results. I do actually have a semi-Sox themed brew called Disco Demolition Douple IPA.

Back