32 oz Hop Give Away & Home Brew Competition

clementshomebrew

Trial Member
Reaction score
I've enjoyed entering the Sjporr Challenge for many years, so I thought I'd pass on some info.

This year every participant will receive a Free Boil Bro from Bouncer.
Everyone that registers for the competition has a change to win 32 oz of hops from Yakima Valley Hops.

It's a great competition. It's U.S. wide and different from AHA / BJCP because the participants are also judges. You get beers and scoring forms sent to your home. Great feedback from other brewers and the opportunity to drink and judge beers from other home brewers. And each round you advance... the beers get better. (3 rounds total)

Anyway, one of the reasons I love the competition is the huge variance I've seen on BJCP scoring between judges. Many of the judges are not even brewers themselves. So I've really enjoyed the competition and the opportunity to provide good feedback to other home brewers.

For more information, go to the website. www.sjporrchallenge.org
BeerSmith was a sponsor of the challenge in 2016.

Interesting...I'll look into it.

Sounds similar to the comp I enter and attend here in Aus where you can submit and judge alongside BJCP judges to get expierience it's alway a good time and lots to learn.

Sounds similar to the comp I enter and attend here in Aus where you can submit and judge alongside BJCP judges to get expierience it's alway a good time and lots to learn.

I understand that they will be adding another give away tonight (Friday 7/19) at some point. A gift certificate from Brew Bag for the next 5 who register after they make the announcement. Too late for me, but not for others.
Cheers!

Back