10" dia. induction ready 12 - 16 quart brew kettle?

Kosh

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi, not new at brewing but figured this might be a good place for the question:

does anyone know of a good SS 3-4 gallon brew kettle that's 10 inch diameter maximum at bottom? Need this size for my induction cooker. Needs spigot as well but if under $66.00 i guess i could add one myself. Thanks

edit: Would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has found a good induction cooker that can handle a pot larger than 10" diameter around $70.00 usd. 1500 watts is fine since boiling 1.5 gallons.

Last edited:
Hi, not new at brewing but figured this might be a good place for the question:

does anyone know of a good SS 3-4 gallon brew kettle that's 10 inch diameter maximum at bottom? Need this size for my induction cooker. Needs spigot as well but if under $66.00 i guess i could add one myself. Thanks

edit: Would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has found a good induction cooker that can handle a pot larger than 10" diameter around $70.00 usd. 1500 watts is fine since boiling 1.5 gallons.
There are some good ones on Amazon but I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for at your price point. Unless that is you go with some thin-walled stainless - Bayou Bay has some. You'll have to check to see if they're induction-ready - if a magnet will stick to the pot, it'll work.

I'm using a 240V unit I picked up off Amazon, price was around $250 last time I checked. I like brewing with induction, you can bring it inside (vital when considering Colorado's winds), it heats smoothly and evenly....

i shopped amazon for two hours last night, ouch! Either the ones i find are too wide, aluminum, or rated badly. Most 120v cookers can only handle about 10.5" . But there are still many i didn't click so will give it another go! Some of the restaurant sites have nice thick pots... Seems there's no love in the brew hardware industry for small scare brewer's. he search goes on! Thanks!

i shopped amazon for two hours last night, ouch! Either the ones i find are too wide, aluminum, or rated badly. Most 120v cookers can only handle about 10.5" . But there are still many i didn't click so will give it another go! Some of the restaurant sites have nice thick pots... Seems there's no love in the brew hardware industry for small scare brewer's. he search goes on! Thanks!
I wouldn't try to use a 120V unit to boil 5 gallons of wort unless you're very patient. I do like my cooker - it'll deliver 3500 Watt and will bring the wort to a boil in a half-hour.

I wouldn't try to use a 120V unit to boil 5 gallons of wort unless you're very patient. I do like my cooker - it'll deliver 3500 Watt and will bring the wort to a boil in a half-hour.

I bet, but I'm boiling 1.5 gallons. 1500 watt could probably do that pretty fast. You have yours on 30 amp breaker?

I bet, but I'm boiling 1.5 gallons. 1500 watt could probably do that pretty fast. You have yours on 30 amp breaker?
Yes. 1500 should do for 1.5 gal nicely. 1 have an 1800 watt unit that works fine for small batches.

For batches that small, any stove top or even a sizeable hot plate will do. Seems like you're going to a lot of trouble. When I was doing all-grain batches of 2.5 gallons, I bought a $20 stainless pot set from Harbor Freight and never had any problem.

I have a pair of 1500w heat sticks I'm trying to figure out how to effectively use to boil a 5g batch without cutting any holes in my kettle until I verify it works. They seem submersible but I'm going to try and build a rig to hold them out of wort. Tomorrow is going to be a trip to Princess Auto I think.

I have a pair of 1500w heat sticks I'm trying to figure out how to effectively use to boil a 5g batch without cutting any holes in my kettle until I verify it works. They seem submersible but I'm going to try and build a rig to hold them out of wort. Tomorrow is going to be a trip to Princess Auto I think.
Like heating elements? I've got a HotRod from Brewhardware that works great. Not sure if it would be very cost friendly for you being in Canada. https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/hotrod.htm
It's an excellent, safe enclosure.

Thanks for replys! I'm going overseas for a year or so, no idea what I'll have to work with. sooooo.... found a great pot that works on my induction cooker. pot and cooker under $90 USD. Now to fit a spiqot! 1.5 gallon get's to boil so fast its scary, well... maybe not but it IS fast!

Back