Brewer's Friend development stopped?

Vaat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

there are no new entries in the BF blog nor have there been any releases of the BF system itself. Last year it used to be that almost monthly there was a new release. What is going on?

BR,

JB

It's stopped for now, but I'm looking for a solution.

One just fell through, but I have another so I"m hoping it works out.

May we ask what happened and what are the solutions going forward?

BR,

JB

I had a couple of programmers I knew who were also brewers on board to help out with development, but personal things got in the way.

I am again looking for a brewer/programmer to help out with development. If you know anyone please let me know.

Can you give an email address so we could talk?

BR,

JB

I sent you an email. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Any news on that? My subscription is coming to end and I'm deciding to renew it or not. In the best case I would like to see the roadmap where the brewersfriend is going, which features/bugs are planning to work at etc.. If the development wouldn't be going in the reasonable time I'll probably try to find some other app (Because if from year now the application would be in the same state it is now, I would rather support the application/site on which development is active).

Thanks

I found a full time developer that will be starting soon.

Thanks for reply,
What about the roadmap or bug/feature priority list? Do you have one or are you planing to post one?

Once they start they are going to sit down and write one out. I will share it with you guys once I have it.

That is great news. I started to build my own system until I found Brewer's Friend, and while I love to build software (its my job too) I really needed something so I could stop programming and start brewing. I look forward to updates.

I would really like to see improvements to the mobile app!

I would too. It's been tough to find a programmer who is also a brewer with time (as you've noted) but I found one so I'm happy!

I'm glad to hear there will be updates. I've got Beersmith and Brewer's Friend. Beersmith is so "clunky" when it comes to brew sessions and log entries. My Brewer's Friend has expired and was debating whether to renew... I guess it's moving in the direction of being further developed so I'll go ahead and renew. Thanks.

I've just subscribed based on this - I love this website/tools!

You should perhaps create a short blog post, telling everyone that further development is not dead. Right now having the latest post dating back to 2013 is not very reassuring.

Keep up the good work. Brewers friend was the first site I manage to use, and made sense, when I first started brewing.

Austin,

any news on this? I think it would help to post at least some entries to the blog once in a while. Currently the last one is almost 1 year ago. It doesn't look too good for prospective new customers, while old ones (like me) are getting more and more concerned if all is well and is there a future for BF..

BR,

JB

I agree, my renewal is coming up for October. Good communication goes a long way

Austin, my membership is up in 44 days and I too am concerned with the lack of communication. I really would like to renew. Do you have any information for us regarding brewersfriend?

From the lack of response I take it that things are not going well.

Austin, wouldn't it really make more sense to make this software open source? You can still run the BF under its official name and take membership fee (already just for hosting the data!). But if I'm being honest, the current situation is such that over time everybody will just stop using BF, because nothing happens and there is no communication. I'm sure nobody would like that!

Unless there is something moving in this area I'm not sure I'm going to renew..

BR,

JB

Back