I've been Obsessed with Extract Brewing

Ozarks Mountain Brewery

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
I've been Obsessed with Extract Brewing , what???
me? the exclusive all grain brewer has discovered a short cut lol

summer has got me going in all directions lately with only a few hours here and there to brew; I had to continue my passion of home brewing by creating extract recipes, and i have been adding a bunch lately.

So bought a 50 pound bag of very good Dry Malt extract and away we go, my first 5 beers were very good and almost spoiling me in a way going from 6 hours to 2 brewing which works perfect for my schedule.

so what I can tell you is don't be afraid to dabble on the extract side of brewing I have throughly enjoyed the ease of it :D

yeah I normally do all grain, but my sister bought me an extract recipe kit. I was surprised how easy it was. I had forgotten how much simpler and quicker it is. but the beer came out great.

I do a lot of experimentals with extract, at least the first brew or two. You won't notice the difference between fresh, good quality extract brews and all-grain brews provided you handle your steep or mini-mash correctly and make allowances for different hop utilization in the boil. Point two: I can do an extract "brew day" in an evening, allowing me to do small batches before scaling to five gallons or to brew something when time is short.

I have been thinking about doing partial mash big beers using BIAB and DME. It would be nice to have some Imperial Stouts for the winter stored in the beer cave.

Back