16.2% malted oats
8.1% white wheat
3% honey malt
Citra & Vic Secret
Either Conan or 1318

Going to aim for 3:1 Chloride to Sulfate
50 ppm NA
Thoughts?

My only feedback is that malted oats have given me a very earthy character when I have used it in the past. So much so that I stopped using it because I didn't care for it. Your experience must be different.

Going in a Oat Malt IPA. Hopefully it turns out good.

Sure will be hazy wow pretty creative grist should be able to stand a spoon up in that beer when it's done it'll have that much body.
Good luck sorry can't offer any helpfully advice just more curious here than anything.

It's all good- gonna give it a try and see what happens. As long as it's not a dumper I'm happy.

Another non-commenter as I thought you brew these types of beer more than me, but I'd be interested to see how that level of protein adjuncts works,

I brew a good bit of NEIPA's but I've never brewed a Oat Cream IPA.

I did brew a NEIPA that had 2 lbs of flaked oats and 2 lbs of flaked wheat and I find the mash was real gummy.

There is a thread on another forum regarding Oat Cream IPA and part of this recipe came from that site. I did alter that GB a bit.
I'll be brewing this maybe next weekend and will provide an update.

I've tried a few. One was stunningly good. Definitely worth a go.

Brewed yesterday. Came in 2 points below what I wanted. Hoping it turns out to be a good beer Should be ready in 2 weeks or so.

Took a sample Saturday- Down to 1.008 (5.78% ABV)- aimed for 1.013.
Color wise looks good- aroma wise not as juicy as I had hoped but it should still be a good drink.

Attachments

• 20200314_120503.jpg
    20200314_120503.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 83
Looks as expected. Nice! I would classify it as a NEIPA, especially given the water treatment. I’m wondering what you think of the Vic Secret...

Looks as expected. Nice! I would classify it as a NEIPA, especially given the water treatment. I’m wondering what you think of the Vic Secret...
Will be kegged tonight so by the weekend it will be ready.
Never used Vic Secret but aroma wise it's similar to Galaxy but MUCH less potent. Just sniffing the bag, I get pineapple, which I'm not a huge fan of but paired with Citra I'm hoping it turns out nicely.

Not fully carbed yet, should be by the weekend.
Really satisfied how this one turned out. Will adjust my hops on the re-brew.
Mouthfeel is really creamy, more so than any of my previous brews. At 50 ppm NA, I think that played a large part. May try and up that to 60 just to see how much of a difference that makes.

Attachments

• 20200319_163521_kindlephoto-627648946.jpg
    20200319_163521_kindlephoto-627648946.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 64

Back