Lots of foam

Normballs

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, I recently switched over to kegging system, and I'm getting a lot of foam. Even after the 1st beer. My beer is cold and my psi is 12. I have dropped it down to 10 and it doesn't change much. Also the tubing doesn't hang lower than the keg and the length of the tubing is 5ft. Should I double the length to 10ft.
Thanks,
Norm

My lines are all 4.5m long excessive maybe what's that like 13 foot long. There is a chart online showing line length / psi / temperature out there.
It's about pressure equalization even a smaller internal diameter line will provide that bit more resistance to ballance out the preassure.

Your first pour will always be a bit more foamy too running through a warm tap second one once the tap chills a bit will run better also any blockages or interruptions in the line will cause foaming no matter what you do.

My lines are 10 feet, happy with my pours

Thanks, I will change 1 line and see how that works.

Check a keg pressure /temperature chart and you'll find that 12 psi or even 10 psi at your current temperature is probably giving you more volumes in solution than is appropriate. Therfore you're likely starting out overcarbed and the short line is making it worse.

Back